My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.gangles.ca and update your bookmarks.

The Quixotic Engineer

Friday, August 31, 2007

They Call Me The Working Man

123 Certification

As of last Monday, I have officially begun my career in programming... as an intern (or stagiaire as we say in La Belle Province). As part of Concordia's co-op program, I'll be spending my fall semester working full time as a programmer at a Montreal company called 123 Certification. The job involves working with a small team on their largest product, the Arc Simulator, which is designed to teach welding in a way that is safe and cost-effective. It is quite literally virtual reality; the student wears a sort of VR helmet and uses motion-sensing tools.

Needless to say, it's been a dramatic learning experience so far. I've spent a good part of the last week reading code and documentation, and have just recently had a chance to get my hands metaphorically dirty with some code debugging. I'm hoping to learn a great deal about handling 3D objects, working on a large scale project and coding professionally!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home